Dairy farming is a lucrative business, providing income for many farmers, but there are some essential things you need to do before you venture into the dairy milk production business. You have to decide on the size of your dairy farming project (how many dairy cattle will you keep?); location of the milk dairy farming business, and your target market. These choices will be affected by the amount of capital you have, and the size of your target market. If you do not have a lot of capital, you can always start small and grow your milk dairy farming project overtime. You also need to carry out market research (Who are you going to sell the milk to? At what price?) and write a dairy farming business plan before you start the dairy farm project.
Comprehensive Version, Short Funding/Bank Loan Version & Automated Financial Statements
For an in-depth analysis of the dairy farming business, we encourage you to purchase our well-researched and comprehensive dairy farming business plan. We introduced the business plans after discovering that many were venturing into the dairy cattle production business without enough knowledge and understanding of how to run the dairy milk production business, how to keep the dairy cows, lack of understanding of the financial side of the business, lack of understanding of : the industry, the risks involved , costs and profitability of the business; which often leads to disastrous losses.
The Kenya Farmers dairy business plan will make it easier for you to launch and run your dairy cattle farming business successfully, fully knowing what you are going into, and what’s needed to succeed in the business. It will be easier to plan and budget as you will be aware of all the costs involved in setting up and running the milk cows farming business.
Uses Of The Dairy Farming Business Plan
The milk cows farm business plan can be used for many purposes including:
- Raising capital from investors/friends/relatives
- Applying for a bank loan
- Start-up guide to launch your milk cows farming business
- As a dairy farming business proposal
- Assessing profitability of the dairy milk production business
- Finding a business partner
- Assessing the initial start-up costs so that you know how much to save
- Manual for current business owners to help in business and strategy formulation
Contents Of The Dairy Business Plan
The dairy farming business plan include, but not limited to:
- Marketing Strategy
- Financial Statements (monthly cash flow projections, income statements, cash flow statements, balance sheets, break even analysis, payback period analysis, start-up costs, financial graphs, revenue and expenses, Bank Loan Amortization)
- Risk Analysis
- Industry Analysis
- Market Analysis
- SWOT & PEST Analysis
- Operational Requirements (Including technical aspects of how to keep the dairy cattle, feed requirements etc)
- Operational Strategy
- Why some people in dairy farming business fail, so that you can avoid their mistakes
- Ways to raise capital to start your dairy milk farm business
For an in-depth analysis of the dairy farming business, we encourage you to purchase our well -researched and comprehensive dairy farming business plan by visiting Farmers Portal.